Berlin, Ontario was a city about 100 kilometres west of Toronto.
In 1916, at the height of World War I, the city changed its name to Kitchener, in honour of General Kitchener, the late head of the British Army. The hatred and resentment that other Canadians felt against the city named for the enemy capital was very strong.
Teams[edit | edit source]
- (OHA Sr. 1892-1895, 1905-1908, 1915-1916)
- (OHA Jr, 1895-1898, 1908-1912)
- Berlin Dutchmen (Ontario Professional Hockey League, 1908-1910) fold with league
- Berlin Union Jacks (OHA Junior, 1913-1916) continue in league after city was renamed
Players[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Berlin, Ontario on Wikipedia