|6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
210 lb (95 kg)
New Jersey Devils
|Born||April 14, 1983,|
Grafton, ND, USA
|NHL Draft||53rd overall, 2002|
New Jersey Devils
|Pro Career||2005 – present|
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Tallackson was drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the 2nd round, 53rd overall, on June 22, 2002. In December 2008 the Devil's waived their rights to the forward, just weeks after he underwent surgery to correct an irregular heartbeat associated with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. He played with the Devil's farm team Lowell Devils where he scored 11 goals and 10 assists prior to being signed as a free agent by the St. Louis Blues on July 22, 2009.
Tallackson soon was released by St. Louis and later signed with Augsburger Panthers in Germany on July 17, 2010.
On May 2, 2011, after one season with Augsburg, Tallackson signed with reigning champions, Eisbären Berlin, on a one-year contract.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|1999–00||U.S. National Development Team||USDP||53||14||6||20||90||—||—||—||—||—|
|2000–01||U.S. National Development Team||USDP||63||23||24||47||77||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||University of Minnesota||WCHA||44||13||10||23||44||—||—||—||—||—|
|2002–03||University of Minnesota||WCHA||32||9||14||23||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||University of Minnesota||WCHA||44||10||15||25||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||University of Minnesota||WCHA||35||11||8||19||52||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||Albany River Rats||AHL||4||1||1||2||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Albany River Rats||AHL||60||14||23||37||62||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||New Jersey Devils||NHL||10||1||1||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||New Jersey Devils||NHL||3||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||New Jersey Devils||NHL||3||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||New Jersey Devils||NHL||4||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
International[edit | edit source]
|Junior int'l totals||13||5||3||8||4|
References[edit | edit source]
- Gophers join WCHA affair. The Boston Globe (28 March 2005). Retrieved on 15 September 2009.
- Devils waive RW Barry Tallackson. USA Today (5 December 2008). Retrieved on 15 September 2009.
- New Jersey Devils' Rupp has been in teammate Tallackson's shoes. The Star-Ledger (25 September 2008). Retrieved on 2008-11-21.
- Wild signs Brodziak, avoids arbitration. Star Tribune (24 July 2009). Retrieved on 15 September 2009.
- Veteran free agents languish as July nears its end. Sporting News (23 July 2009). Retrieved on 15 September 2009.
- "Streak’s field gets narrower", Peoria Journal Star, January 17, 2001. Retrieved on January 18, 2011.
- "Rankel, Braun, Busch, Hördler stay - 2 come!" (in German). Eisbären Berlin (2011-05-02). Retrieved on 2011-05-02.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Barry Tallackson. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|