|Born||February 26, 1993,|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
215 lb (98 kg; 15 st 5 lb)
|Tampa Bay Lightning|
San Jose Sharks
Barclay Goodrow (born February 26, 1993) is a Canadian professional ice hockey right wing, playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning of the National Hockey League (NHL). He previously played for the San Jose Sharks.
A first-round pick of the Brampton Battalion in the 2009 OHL Priority Selection, Goodrow played five seasons with the Battalion, serving as captain in both the final season in Brampton and the first in North Bay. Goodrow's rookie season of 2009–10 season followed the Battalion's first trip to the OHL final, where it lost in five games to the Windsor Spitfires.
Goodrow led the Battalion in regular season scoring with 33 goals and 34 assists for 67 points in 63 games. The league leader with seven shorthanded goals, he was second to Dane Fox of the Erie Otters in balloting for the Leo Lalonde Memorial Trophy as the league's top overage player. He led the Battalion in playoff scoring with a league-high 14 goals and 10 assists for 24 points.
He finished second in the franchise history for games played with 313 and is third with 229 points, second in goals with 127 and tied for seventh in assists with 102. His 28 game-winning goals and 12 shorthanded goals are Battalion career records. Goodrow's 43 power-play goals rank fourth all-time. He played a franchise-record 50 playoff games, ranking third in both points with 35 and goals with 18 and tied for fourth in assists with 17. Goodrow scored a record four shorthanded playoff goals and is second in franchise annals with five game-winning goals.
Goodrow turned professional during the 2014–15 season, appearing in 60 games for the Sharks. On December 9, 2014, Goodrow scored his first career NHL goal in a 5–2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers. Goodrow also skated in seven games with the Sharks' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Worcester Sharks.
Goodrow spent majority of the 2015–16 season with the San Jose Barracuda, the Sharks' new AHL affiliate, appearing in 57 games. The same occurred during the 2016–17 season, skating in 61 games for the Barracuda.
On October 4, 2018, the Sharks signed Goodrow to a two-year contract extension. During the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs, Goodrow scored the series-winning goal in overtime of game seven of the Sharks' first-round matchup against the Vegas Golden Knights.
On February 24, 2020, Goodrow and a 2020 third-round pick were traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Anthony Greco and a 2020 first-round pick. He recorded an assist in his debut the following night during a 4–3 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||York Simcoe Express||OMHA||71||67||47||114||65||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||North Bay Battalion||OHL||63||33||34||67||64||22||14||10||24||23|
|2014–15||San Jose Sharks||NHL||60||4||8||12||35||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||San Jose Sharks||NHL||14||0||3||3||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||57||20||19||39||43||4||0||1||1||0|
|2016–17||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||61||25||20||45||55||15||5||5||10||10|
|2016–17||San Jose Sharks||NHL||3||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||San Jose Sharks||NHL||47||7||7||14||28||2||0||0||0||0|
|2018–19||San Jose Sharks||NHL||82||7||10||17||76||20||2||0||2||22|
|2019–20||San Jose Sharks||NHL||62||8||16||24||80||—||—||—||—||—|
|2019–20||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||8||0||2||2||17|
- Development camp roster and schedule announced. Los Angeles Kings (September 5, 2012). Retrieved on September 5, 2012.
- Captain Goodrow signs with Sharks. Brampton Battalion (March 14, 2014). Retrieved on March 14, 2014.
- Short-lived victory: Sharks beat Oilers 5–2. Retrieved on December 10, 2014.
- Sharks re-sign Goodrow to two-year deal. San Jose Sharks (August 17, 2017). Retrieved on August 17, 2017.
- Sharks Sign Goodrow to a Two-Year Extension. National Hockey League. Retrieved on October 4, 2018.
- Sharks rally for OT victory against Golden Knights in Game 7. National Hockey League. Retrieved on April 24, 2019.
- "Lightning acquire center Barclay Goodrow, draft pick from San Jose". Tampa Bay Lightning (February 24, 2020). Retrieved on February 24, 2020.
- Taveres' two goals lift Maple Leafs to win over Tampa Bay. ESPN. Retrieved on February 25, 2020.