|Born||May 1, 1994,|
Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada
|6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)
|NHL team (P)
Colorado Eagles (AHL)
Toronto Maple Leafs
|NHL Draft||172nd overall, 2013|
Toronto Maple Leafs
Antoine Bibeau (born May 1, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender currently playing for the Colorado Eagles of the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL). Bibeau was selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the sixth round, 172nd overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Bibeau played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) from 2011 to 2014, where in his final year of major junior hockey he led the Val-d'Or Foreurs to capture the 2014 President's Cup and was recognized for his outstanding play when he was awarded the Guy Lafleur Trophy as the QMJHL Playoffs Most Valuable Player.
Bibeau was recalled on December 1, 2015, after the Leafs demoted goalie Jonathan Bernier to the Marlies for conditioning. Fellow rookie goaltender Garret Sparks was recalled as well when James Reimer went on injured reserve.
Following the demotion of Maple Leafs backup Jhonas Enroth in December 2016, Bibeau was recalled by the team to serve as backup to starting goaltender Frederik Andersen. He made his NHL debut on December 11, in a match up against the Colorado Avalanche. Despite a solid performance by both Bibeau and the team, where they recorded 52 shots to Colorado's 29, the Maple Leafs would lose 3–1. Bibeau's first NHL win came in his second game, where he would make 25 saves in a 3–2 overtime win against the Tampa Bay Lightning on December 29.
At the completion of his entry-level contract with the Maple Leafs, Bibeau was not tendered a qualifying offer as a restricted free agent on June 26, 2017. On July 1, 2017, Bibeau as a free agent signed a one-year, two-way contract with the San Jose Sharks. After reporting to his first training camp with the Sharks, Bibeau was assigned to AHL affiliate, the San Jose Barracuda, and posted a 23–14–4 record in his first season with the Barracuda in 2017–18. He had a .919 save percentage and a 2.37 goals-against average, earning a spot on the Pacific Division's All-Star Team. On March 13, 2018, Bibeau signed a two-year contract extension with the Sharks.
On October 2, 2018, he was assigned by the Sharks to continue with the San Jose Barracuda. He spent the 2018–19 season in the AHL, where he went 16–13–5 with a .904 save percentage and a 2.89 goals-against average.
Prior to the 2019–20 season, Bibeau was traded by the Sharks to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for Nicolas Meloche on September 27, 2019. He was directly assigned to report to the Colorado Eagles' training camp.
|2013–14||Val d'Or Foreurs||QMJHL||22||13||7||1||1267||64||1||3.03||.900||24||16||8||1476||69||1||2.80||.913|
|2016–17||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||2||1||1||0||121||4||0||1.98||.927||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||43||23||14||4||2406||95||5||2.37||.919||4||1||3||212||13||0||3.68||.865|
|2018–19||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||35||16||13||5||2055||99||1||2.89||.904||1||0||0||10||3||0||17.48||.625|
Awards and honors
|Guy Lafleur Trophy – Playoffs MVP||2013–14|||
|Hap Emms Memorial Trophy – Memorial Cup Most Outstanding Goaltender||2014|||
|CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team||2014|||
- Pee-Wee players who have reached NHL or WHA (2018).
- Antoine Bibeau Backstops Val-D'or to QMJHL Championship | The LeafsNation. theleafsnation.com (May 14, 2014). Retrieved on July 9, 2014.
- Maple Leafs sign goaltender Antoine Bibeau to entry-level contract | Toronto Star. thestar.com. Retrieved on July 9, 2014.
- Bibeau solid in debut, but Leafs can't solve Colorado: DiManno. Toronto Star. Torstar (December 11, 2016). Retrieved on December 22, 2016.
- Bibeau, Kadri lift Maple Leafs past Lightning in OT. Sportsnet. Rogers Communications (December 29, 2016). Retrieved on September 27, 2019.
- Bibeau, Griffith not qualified by Leafs, will becom UFA's. Sportsnet.ca (June 26, 2017). Retrieved on June 26, 2017.
- Sharks sign Goaltender Antoine Bibeau. San Jose Sharks (July 1, 2017). Retrieved on July 1, 2017.
- Sharks Re-Sign Goaltender Antoine Bibeau (March 13, 2018). Retrieved on March 14, 2018.
- Sharks Reassign Three Players to Barracuda (October 2, 2018). Retrieved on October 2, 2018.
- Avalanche acquires Antoine Bibeau. Colorado Avalanche (September 27, 2019). Retrieved on September 27, 2019.
- Foreurs' Bibeau wins Guy Lafleur Trophy | The Q News. theqnews.net. Retrieved on July 9, 2014.
- Oil Kings shock heavily-favoured Storm to win Memorial Cup | MEMORIAL CUP | Hock. torontosun.com (May 26, 2014). Retrieved on July 9, 2014.
- Memorial Cup All-Star Teams. Memorial Cup (May 28, 2014). Archived from the original on January 7, 2016. Retrieved on May 28, 2014.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Antoine Bibeau. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|