|Born||September 30, 1993,|
Queens, New York, U.S.
|5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
172 lb (78 kg; 12 st 4 lb)
|NHL team (P)
|San Jose Sharks|
San Jose Barracuda (AHL)
Anthony Greco (born September 30, 1993) is an American professional ice hockey forward currently playing with the San Jose Barracuda of the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Undrafted to the NHL, Greco played college hockey with the Ohio State Buckeyes from 2012 to 2016 after playing junior with the Des Moines Buccaneers and Waterloo Blackhawks in the USHL. He then turned pro, playing in the American Hockey League for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and Springfield Thunderbirds.
Greco was signed by the Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League to a two-year, two-way contact in November 2017. In the 2018–19 season, Greco was recalled from his assignment with the Springfield Thunderbirds to the Panthers on December 11, 2018 and made his NHL debut on December 13, in a 5–1 loss to the Minnesota Wild.
On July 15, 2019, Greco signed a one-year, two-way contract extension with the Panthers on July 15, 2019. In the following 2019–20 season, Greco continued with the Springfield Thunderbirds, collecting 19 points in 37 games. On February 20, 2020, Greco was traded by the Panthers to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Danick Martel Assigned to AHL affiliate, the Syracuse Crunch, Greco recorded 1 assist in just three games.
On February 24, 2020, Greco's brief stint in the Lightning organization ended when he was included in a trade along with a 2020 first-round pick to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Barclay Goodrow and a third-round pick. He was immediately re-assigned to join the Sharks affiliate, the San Jose Barracuda.
|2010–11||Shattuck-Saint Mary's||Midget AAA||54||12||25||37||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Waterloo Black Hawks||USHL||10||1||1||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Des Moines Buccaneers||USHL||32||7||6||13||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Des Moines Buccaneers||USHL||58||22||24||46||19||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Ohio State University||CCHA||20||5||6||11||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Ohio State University||B1G||33||5||10||15||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Ohio State University||B1G||36||15||8||23||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Ohio State University||B1G||36||12||11||23||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||—||—||—||—||—||1||0||0||0||0|
|2019–20||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||7||1||3||4||2||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|B1G Honorable Mention All-Star Team||2015|
- Ohio State hockey captain Anthony Greco hits century mark in career games (November 23, 2018). Retrieved on December 13, 2018.
- SOUND TIGERS SIGN GRECO TO ATO (April 20, 2016). Retrieved on December 13, 2018.
- Panthers' Anthony Greco: Inks two-way deal (November 22, 2017). Retrieved on December 13, 2018.
- Florida Panthers Recall Forward Anthony Greco from Springfield (AHL). National Hockey League (December 11, 2018). Retrieved on December 13, 2018.
- "Niederreiter scores twice as Wild beat Panthers 5–1", December 13, 2018.
- Panthers agree to terms with Anthony Greco and Dominic Toninato. Florida Panthers (July 15, 2019). Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Lightning, Panthers deal forwards. American Hockey League (February 20, 2020). Retrieved on February 20, 2020.
- Sharks acquire 2020 first-round pick for Goodrow. San Jose Sharks (February 24, 2020). Retrieved on February 24, 2020.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Anthony Greco. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|