Albany is the state capital of New York. And the states second largest city The city has a population of 194,000 The metropolitan area, including the cities of Schenectady and Troy has about 1,850,000 people.
Albany has hosted the ECAC Tournament from 2003-2010 inclusive.
Teams[edit | edit source]
- (United Junior Hockey League, 2009) announced as an expansion team on February 24, 2009, league collapses before play
- (International Junior Hockey League, 2011-2012)
- Albany Choppers (International Hockey League, 1990-1991) folded
- Albany Devils (AHL, 2010-Present)
- Albany Jr. River Rats (Continental Hockey Association, 2003-2005)
- Albany River Rats (AHL, 1993-2010) became Charlotte Checkers
- Adirondack Predators (Northern Junior Hockey League, 2009-2010) moved operations to Russia as league collpases
Arena[edit | edit source]
- Times Union Center (formerly Pepsi Arena (1997-2007) and Knickerbocker Arena (1990-1997)) (1990-Present)
- Albany Academy Field House
- Empire State Plaza Ice Rink