← 2020 (cancelled)
The 2021 Men's Ice Hockey World Championships will be the 85th such event hosted by the International Ice Hockey Federation. Teams will participate in several levels of competition. The competition will also serve as qualifications for division placements in the 2022 competition.
After all events were cancelled in 2020, the teams stayed pat in their respective divisions. Singapore was scheduled to be the newest national team to participate and has been assigned to Division IV. On 18 November 2020, the IIHF announced that they had cancelled the tournaments for Divisions I, II, III and IV due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On 17 September 2020, the European Parliament adopted the resolution "Situation in Belarus" in which it called on the national ice hockey federations to urge the International Ice Hockey Federation to withdraw its decision to hold the 2021 World Ice Hockey Championship partially in Belarus.
Championship (Top Division)
- Belarus – Originally host
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Latvia – Host
- United States of America
- IIHF – IIHF Council announces more cancellations. International Ice Hockey Federation.
- Situation in Belarus. European Parliament resolution of 17 September 2020 on the situation in Belarus(2020/2779(RSP))
- Welcome to Minsk & Riga in 2021. IIHF.com (22 June 2020).
- IIHF to move 2021 World Championship. IIHF.com (18 January 2021).
- Tournaments for 2021 assigned. IIHF.com (22 June 2020).
|2020–21 in men's ice hockey|
|International||World Championships - Championship - |
Under-18 - Division I - Division II - Division III
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 2021 Men's Ice Hockey World Championships. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|