The 2020 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament is a tournament to determine the women's national champion at the Division III level. The field was expanded to ten teams for the 2019 edition.
Ten teams receive bids to the tournament seven of which are allotted to conference champions and three at-large bids. The first and quarterfinal rounds will be held at campus sites. The semifinal and final rounds are to be held at the rink of the highest remaining seed in the tournament.
The United Collegiate Hockey Conference is now eligible for an automatic bid as of the 2019-20 season.
After completion of the quarterfinal round it will announced where the semifinal and final rounds will be played as the highest seeded remaining team in the tournament will be named host team.
Cancellation of all NCAA Tournaments[edit | edit source]
On March 12, 2020 the NCAA released the following statement: "Today, NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships. This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to spread of the pandemic, and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during this academic year given ongoing decisions by other entities."
Bids[edit | edit source]
Automatic Bids[edit | edit source]
- Colonial Hockey Conference champion: Endicott Gulls
- Northeast Women's Hockey League champion: Plattsburgh Cardinals
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference champion: Gustavus Adolphus Golden Gusties
- New England Hockey Conference champion: Norwich Cadets
- New England Small College Athletic Conference champion: Amherst Mammoths
- Northern Collegiate Hockey Association champion: Adrian Bulldogs
- United Collegiate Hockey Conference champion: Elmira Soaring Eagles
The Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference champion does not earn an automatic bid to the 2020 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament, but is eligible for an at-large bid.
At-Large Bids[edit | edit source]
Results[edit | edit source]
First Round[edit | edit source]
- Norwich Cadets defeated Amherst Mammoths 3-1
- Wisconsin-River Falls Falcons defeated Gustavus Adolphus Golden Gusties 4-1
Balance of tournament cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic.