This is the 2020 Centennial Cup, which is Canada's National Junior A Championship. the event will be held May 9 to 17, 2020 at Stride Place in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba hosted by the Portage Terriers of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League. The Canadian Junior Hockey League consist of 133 teams as of the 2018-19 season from 9 provinces and 9 states across 10 leagues. The host and winners of four regional qualifying tournaments advance to the tournament.
This is the 50th edition of the tournament and marks the sixth time the province will host the tournament after hosting the 1973 in Winnipeg and Brandon, 1992 in Winnipeg, 2001 in Flin Flon, 2010 in Dauphin, and 2015 in Portage La Prairie. The Portage Terriers have appeared in five previous editions of the tournament in 1973, 2005, 2011, 2012, and 2015 winning the 1973 and 2015 tournaments.
Traditionally, a host team and four regional champions qualify for the tournament.
- Host: Portage Terriers (MJHL)
- Eastern (Fred Page Cup champions): TBD
- Central (Dudley Hewitt Cup champions): TBD
- Western (Anavet Cup playoff champion): TBD
- Pacific (Doyle Cup playoff champion): TBD
To be added when schedule is released.
Round Robin StandingsEdit
To be added upon completion of the round robin portion of the tournament.
- Roland Mercier Trophy (Most Valuable Player):
- Top Forward:
- Top Goaltender:
- Top Defenceman
- Top Scorer:
- Tubby Schmalz Trophy (Most Sportmanlike Player):