This is the 50th edition of the tournament and marks the sixth time the province will host the tournament after hosting the 1973 in Winnipeg and Brandon, 1992 in Winnipeg, 2001 in Flin Flon, 2010 in Dauphin, and 2015 in Portage La Prairie. The Portage Terriers have appeared in five previous editions of the tournament in 1973, 2005, 2011, 2012, and 2015 winning the 1973 and 2015 tournaments.
Suspending of PlayEdit
The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced Thursday that effective Friday, March 13, all games and hockey-related activity involving its member clubs have been cancelled, until further notice, due to the continued threat of the global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic as well as potential exposure and contamination of its players, team staff members, on and off-ice officials, volunteers and fans.
Traditionally, a host team and four regional champions qualify for the tournament.
- Host: Portage Terriers (MJHL)
- Eastern (Fred Page Cup champions): TBD
- Central (Dudley Hewitt Cup champions): TBD
- Western (Anavet Cup playoff champion): TBD
- Pacific (Doyle Cup playoff champion): TBD
To be added when schedule is released.
Round Robin StandingsEdit
To be added upon completion of the round robin portion of the tournament.
- Roland Mercier Trophy (Most Valuable Player):
- Top Forward:
- Top Goaltender:
- Top Defenceman
- Top Scorer:
- Tubby Schmalz Trophy (Most Sportmanlike Player):