This is a list of leagues and events involving women's hockey in North America at various levels for the 2020-21 season.
New Leagues/Folding Leagues
The Colonial Hockey Conference ends play with the 2019-20 season as its operations are replaced by the Commonwealth Coast Conference, which already sponsors men's ice hockey at the Men's Division III level, when the Western New England Golden Bears women's ice hockey starts play with the 2020-21 playing season with six all-sport members of the CCC and a seventh to be added with the addition of the Curry Colonels women's ice hockey team for the 2021-22 season. The Becker Hawks women's ice hockey team is the only member of the conference that the CCC is not their all-sport home.
- 2020-21 Mid-Atlantic Women's Hockey League season (League suspended activity until March 1st on October 31st)
- 2020-21 Eastern Junior Women's Hockey League season (Newfoundland and Labrador for women ages 17-25
- 2020-21 Winnipeg Women's Hockey League (Season started on October 14th, suspended October 28th, season does not resume)
- 2020-21 Alberta Junior Female Hockey League season (start on October 2nd, stop play after the games of October 30th, unable to restart play for the season.
- 2020-21 Eastern Women's Hockey Conference season (No information on 2020-21 season)
- 2020-21 Junior Women's Hockey League season
- 2020-21 Manitoba Women's Junior Hockey League season
- 2020-21 Provincial Women's Hockey League season
- 2020-21 Ottawa Women's Junior Hockey League season
- 2020-21 College Hockey America Season
- 2020-21 ECAC Women's Season
- 2020-21 Hockey East Women's Season
- 2020-21 NEWHA Season
- 2020-21 WCHA Women's Season
- 2020-21 NCAA Women's Independents (All Divisions)
- The Colonial Hockey Conference's operations are taken over by the Commonwealth Coast Conference as 6 of the seven members are already all-sport members of the conference with the addition of the Western New England Golden Bears women's ice hockey team which was established for 2020-21 and the Curry Colonels women's ice hockey will begin play with the 2021-22 season.
- The Lawrence Vikings women's ice hockey team begins play in the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association as a new program.
- 2020-21 CCC Women's Season
- 2020-21 MAC Women's Season
- 2020-21 MIAC Women's Season
- 2020-21 NCHA Women's Season
- 2020-21 NEHC Women's Season
- 2020-21 NESCAC Women's Season
- 2020-21 NEWHL Season
- 2020-21 UCHC Women's Season
- 2020-21 WIAC Women's Season
- 2021 NCAA Women's Ice Hockey Tournament (combined tournament for Divisions I and II)
2021 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament(Cancelled by NCAA)
On June 8, 2020 U Sports along with Atlantic University Sport, Canada West Universities Athletic Association, and Ontario University Athletics all announced that the fall semester athletic competitions were cancelled indicating that ice hockey and other winter sports will not start until January of 2021 and that the situation will be reviewed in a timely manner. Canada West's release set a deadline of October 8th for a decision whether to begin play in January.
On October 12th U Sports announced the cancellation of all winter sports championships for the 2020-21 playing season including men's and women's ice hockey. As part of the announcement decisions were left to the conferences. Ontario University Athletics announced on October 15th that they were cancelling all OUA-sanctioned sport programming and championships up to March 31, 2021. On the same day Canada West announced that no conference regular season, playoff, or championship events will be staged during the 2020-21 season in men's and women's hockey. Also on October 15th the Réseau du sport étudiant du Québec (RSEQ) announced the suspension of all activities of RSEQ university sport programming takes effect immediately and is maintained at least until January 15, 2021. The Ligue de Hockey Universitaire Féminin is part of the RSEQ. Atlantic University Sport was still considering its options including the possible restart of activities within the Atlantic region in January. A dcision is likely by mid-November.
2020-21 AUS Women's Season(season cancelled November 25th) 2020-21 CWUAA Women's Season(season cancelled October 15th)
- 2020-21 LHUF Season (season delayed until at least January 15, 2021, no further update)
2020-21 OUA Women's Season(season cancelled October 15th) 2020-21 ACAC Women's Season(season cancelled October 16th)
2020 4 Nations Cup(Event cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic) 2021 IIHF Women's U18 World Championship(cancelled on September 17, 2020)
- 2021 Women's Ice Hockey World Championships (All Divisions below top division cancelled on November 18, 2020)