This is the 2019 Telus Cup for the Canadian male midget hockey championship. This is the 11th edition of the tournament. The tournament will be held April 22-28, 2019 at the Fort William Gardens in Thunder Bay, Ontario hosted by the Thunder Bay Kings.
One hundred forty-six teams started the season in an attempt to qualify for the tournament.
Qualifying Teams[edit | edit source]
The host team plus five regional qualifier winners will participate in the tournament.
- Host: Thunder Bay Kings
- Atlantic (NB, NL, NS, PE): Halifax Macs
- Quebec: Magog Cantonniers
- Ontario: Toronto Young Nationals
- Western (MB, SK): Tisdale Trojans
- Pacific(AB, BC): Calgary Buffaloes
Format[edit | edit source]
The six teams play a single round robin with the top four teams advancing to the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet for the championship and the semifinal losers meet for the bronze medal.
Schedule/Results[edit | edit source]
- Game 1: Halifax Macs defeated Toronto Young Nationals 2-1
- Game 2: Magog Cantonniers defeated Tisdale Trojans 6-0
- Game 3: Calgary Buffaloes defeated Thunder Bay Kings 7-4
- Game 4: Magog Cantonniers defeated Halifax Macs 3-1
- Game 5: Toronto Young Nationals defeated Calgary Buffaloes 3-1
- Game 6: Tisdale Trojans defeated Thunder Bay Kings 4-2
- Game 7: Magog Cantonniers defeated Calgary Buffaloes 3-2
- Game 8: Tisdale Trojans defeated Halifax Macs 2-0
- Game 9: Toronto Young Nationals defeated Thunder Bay Kings 3-2
- Game 10: Calgary Buffaloes defeated Tisdale Trojans 6-4
- Game 11: Magog Cantonniers defeated Toronto Young Nationals 4-1
- Game 12: Halifax Macs tied Thunder Bay Kings 1-1
- Game 13: Toronto Young Nationals defeated Tisdale Trojans 4-2
- Game 14: Calgary Buffaloes defeated Halifax Macs 5-2
- Game 15: Magog Cantonniers defeated Thunder Bay Kings 3-0
Round Robin Standings[edit | edit source]
Playoffs[edit | edit source]
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Magog Cantonniers defeated Tisdale Trojans 4-2
- Toronto Young Nationals defeated Calgary Buffaloes 4-2