This is the 2019 National Junior A Championship, which is Canada's National Junior A Championship. the event will be held May 11 to 19, 2019 at the Centennial Regional Arena in Brooks, Alberta hosted by the Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. The Canadian Junior Hockey League consist of 132 teams from 9 provinces and 9 states across 10 leagues. The host and winners of four regional tournaments advance to the tournament.
Bid[edit | edit source]
Participants[edit | edit source]
Traditionally, a host team and four regional champions qualify for the tournament. Due to the host team advancing to the final qualifier for the event; their opponent in the 2019 Doyle Cup is guaranteed a spot in the tournament.
- Host: Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
- Eastern (Fred Page Cup champions): Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL)
- Central (Dudley Hewitt Cup champions): Oakville Blades (OJHL)
- Western (Anavet Cup playoff champion): Portage Terriers (MJHL)
- Pacific (Doyle Cup playoff champion): Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL)
Schedule/Results[edit | edit source]
- Prince George Spruce Kings defeated Oakville Blades 5-1
- Brooks Bandits defeated Portage Terriers 5-3
- Oakville Blades defeated Ottawa Jr. Senators 7-4
- Brooks Bandits defeated Prince George Spruce Kings 2-1
Round Robin Standings[edit | edit source]
Indicates team advanced to the semifinal round
Indicates team eliminated from further play
Note: Three points are awarded for a regulation win, two are awarded for an overtime win, one is awarded for an overtime loss, and none for a regulation loss.
|Prince George Spruce Kings||4||3||0||1||0||15||4||9|
|Ottawa Jr. Senators||4||1||0||3||0||8||13||3|
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Brooks Bandits defeated Ottawa Jr. Senators 4-3
- Prince George Spruce Kings defeated Oakville Blades 2-1
Final[edit | edit source]