This is the 2019 Esso Cup for the Canadian female midget hockey championship. This is the 11th edition of the tournament. The tournament will be held April 21-27 2019 at the Sudbury Community Arena in Greater Sudbury, Ontario hosted by the Sudbury Lady Wolves.
Ninety-two teams started the season in an attempt to qualify for the tournament.
Qualifying Teams[edit | edit source]
The host team plus five regional qualifier winners will participate in the tournament.
- Host: Sudbury Lady Wolves
- Atlantic (NB, NL, NS, PE): Halifax Fire
- Quebec: As de Quebec
- Ontario: Stoney Creek Sabres
- Western (MB, SK): Saskatoon Stars
- Pacific(AB, BC): St. Albert Slash
Format[edit | edit source]
The six teams play a single round robin with the top four teams advancing to the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet for the championship and the semifinal losers meet for the bronze medal.
Schedule/Results[edit | edit source]
- Game 1: Saskatoon Stars defeated Stoney Creek Sabres 6-4
- Game 2: St. Albert Slash defeated As de Quebec 3-1
- Game 3: Sudbury Lady Wolves defeated Halifax Fire 6-2
- Game 4: As de Quebec defeated Saskatoon Stars 7-3
- Game 5: Stoney Creek Sabres defeated Halifax Fire 9-2
- Game 6: Sudbury Lady Wolves defeated St. Albert Slash 3-2 (ot)
- Game 7: Halifax Fire defeated As de Quebec 6-4
- Game 8: Saskatoon Stars defeated St. Albert Slash 3-2
- Game 9: Sudbury Lady Wolves Stoney Creek Sabres 2-1
- Game 10: St. Albert Slash defeated Halifax Fire 4-0
- Game 11: Stoney Creek Sabres defeated As de Quebec 3-2
- Game 12: Saskatoon Stars defeated Sudbury Lady Wolves 3-2
- Game 13: Stoney Creek Sabres defeated St. Albert Slash 4-0
- Game 14: Saskatoon Stars defeated Halifax Fire 11-1
- Game 15: As de Quebec vs. Sudbury Lady Wolves defeated As de Quebec 5-2
Round Robin Standings[edit | edit source]
Playoffs[edit | edit source]
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- St. Albert Slash defeated Saskatoon Stars 2-1 (ot)
- Sudbury Lady Wolves defeated Stoney Creek Sabres 5-0