This is the 2019-20 Richelieu Valley Junior A Hockey League season. This is the league's fourth season under this name. The league was known as the Rive-Sud Junior A Hockey League until the 2015-16 season. The league's ten members were scheduled to play a limited interlocking schedule with the Rivers Junior A Hockey League with each of the teams playing a total of four games against their 7 teams, but the leagues merged under the Richelieu Valley Junior A Hockey League name. The leagues would separate for the 2019-20 season.
- The Richelieu Phoenix add a second entry into the league
- The Chambly Remparts return to the league
- The Brossard Phoenix, La Prairie Hawks, Longueuil Sieurs, Roussillon Lions, St-Jean Eagles, St-Lambert Red Wings, and St-Remi Dragons all return to the Rivers Junior A Hockey League.
- The St-Hubert Jets return to play in the Rivers Junior A Hockey League for 2019-20. The St-Constant Lynx join that league as well for 2019-20
- The Napierville Mustangs, Rouville Blizzard, and Sorel-Tracy Mariniers all are not playing in either league for the 2019-20 season.
The league (along with most junior leagues in Quebec) uses what is called a Fair Play Point which is a bonus point in the standings if the team meets certain requirements in terms of avoiding penalties.
|Richelieu Phoenix #1||26||11||13||2||114||106||23||47|
|Richelieu Phoenix #2||26||10||16||0||108||140||24||44|
Double elimination tournament
- Ste-Julie Grizzly defeated Beloeil Tigers 3-0
- Richelieu Phoenix #1 defeated Chambly Remparts 7-6 (so)
The playoffs were cancelled after two games due to the COVID-19 pandemic.