This is the 2019-20 Quebec Junior Hockey League season. This was the league's 32nd season overall and 6th season under this name. The league was previously known as the Quebec Provincial Junior Hockey League from 1988-1998 and as the Quebec Junior AAA Hockey League from 1998-2014.
Suspending of PlayEdit
The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced Thursday that effective Friday, March 13, all games and hockey-related activity involving its member clubs have been cancelled, until further notice, due to the continued threat of the global COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic as well as potential exposure and contamination of its players, team staff members, on and off-ice officials, volunteers and fans.
- During the Board of Governors meeting held in May of 2019 the termination of the Montreal-Nord Arctic was announced, along with the sale and renaming of the Lac St-Louis Revolution to the West Island Shamrocks, and the addition of the Cégep Beauce-Appalaches Condors, based in Saint-Georges, Quebec which run by the college (vocational school) and will be based out of the Centre Sportif Lacroix-Dutil. Based on the wording of the announcement by the school, the team may be joining the league for the 2020-21 season.
Division 91.9 SportsEdit
|West Island Shamrocks||48||13||32||2||1||160||282||29|
Note: Longueuil College was required to forfeit three games in December and January
NAPA Cup PlayoffsEdit
The NAPA Cup playoffs will be held after the completion of the regular season with
The playoff champion (or runner-up if the Saint-Jérôme Panthers win the league playoffs) will advance to the 2020 Fred Page Cup which will be held in Saint-Jerome, Quebec hosted by the Saint-Jérôme Panthers of the Quebec Junior Hockey League. The winner of that tournament advances to the 2020 Centennial Cup being held at Stride Place in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba hosted by the Portage Terriers of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League.
The top twelve teams qualify. Each team plays six games in a crossover round robin weighted to favor the higher seeded teams. The top six teams from the regular season made up one pool and teams seven through twelve make up the other pool. Each team plays the teams in the other pool once. The top eight teams advance to the quarterfinals. The quarterfinal, semifinal and final rounds are best-of-seven series.
- ↑ https://www.mjhlhockey.ca/mjhl-covid-19-update-2020-mjhl-playoffs
- ↑ https://www.lhjaaaq.com/en/publication/nouvelle/dissolution_de_larctic_de_montreal-nord.html
- ↑ https://www.lhjaaaq.com/fr/publication/nouvelle/vague_de_mouvements_dans_la_lhjaaaq.html
- ↑ http://www.lhjaaaq.com/fr/stats/classement.html?season=1562&subSeason=1564&category=1093