This is the 2019-20 Metropolitaine Junior AA Hockey League season. This is the league's eigth season. The point totals include "FPP" (Fair Play Points) which are derived from penalty minutes and suspension or lack thereof. The league champion advances to the 2020 Coupe Dodge. Prior to the 2018-19 season the league expanded its' boundaries with the addition of teams from the Lac St. Louis and Mauricie regions around greater Montreal.
The balance of the league's season was cancelled on March 12th when Hockey Canada announced all activity under its' jurisdiction was cancelled for the balance of the season.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- The East Nationals who withdrew during the 2018-19 season do not return.
- The Dollard-des-Ormeaux Vipers become the Dollard-des-Ormeaux/Pierrefonds Vipers.
- The West Royals become the Montreal Royals.
- The Trois-Lacs Aigles become the Vaudreuil-Dorion Mustangs.
- The Shawinigan Dynamos join the league.
- The Lakeshore Panthers, Nicolet Panthers, and St-Laurent Phenix withdrew.
Teams[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
The league (along with most junior leagues in Quebec) uses what is called a Fair Play Point which is a bonus point in the standings if the team meets certain requirements in terms of avoiding penalties.
|Richelieu Grand Ducs||29||8||16||5||80||103||22||43|
Playoffs[edit | edit source]
All nine team qualify. The teams are divided into 3 pools of 3 where the teams play a double round robin. The top six teams overall advance in the playoffs. The 1st and 2nd place teams advance to the semifinals and 3rd through 6th advance to the best-of-three quarterfinals. The semifinal and final rounds are single elimination.