2020 Allan Cup QualifyingEdit
The 2020 Allan Cup will be held starting April 6, 2020 at the Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena & Skating Centre in Hamilton, Ontario and the J. L. Grightmire Arena in Dundas, Ontario and will be hosted by Hamilton Steelhawks and the Dundas Real McCoys. Both teams will automatically qualify for the tournament. Hockey Canada maintains a August 1st deadline for registration but this is not a firm deadline. Eleven teams have registered at the Senior AAA level and will compete in qualifying for the Allan Cup.
The Panthères du Haut-Madawaska are registered at the Senior AAA level. The team is the only team registered at the Senior AAA level in the Atlantic region and will represent the Atlantic region at the 2020 Allan Cup.
Newfoundland and LabradorEdit
Senior level ice hockey on the island of Newfoundland was in turmoil since 2017-18. The winner of the 2019 Herder Memorial Trophy, the Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts earned the right to represent the province in the 2020 Atlantic Region Allan Cup Qualifier. It is being questioned if there will be any senior hockey in the province for 2019-20 at all, much less a team representing the province in Allan Cup qualifying.
No teams from Nova Scotia have announced they would be participating at the Senior AAA level for 2019-20.
Prince Edward IslandEdit
No teams from Prince Edward Island have announced they would be participating at the Senior AAA level for 2019-20.
Quebec (East) RegionEdit
The Quebec region has not had any teams commit to the Senior AAA level and attempt to compete for the Allan Cup since 2008. The Outaouais Senior A Hockey League began play with the 2018-19 season. The league has stated it would like to compete for the Allan Cup within the first couple of years and eventually host the tournament sometime in the not to distant future. The Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey is a semi-professional league and its teams are ineligible for Allan Cup play. No teams have announced that they would participate in Allan Cup qualifying.
Ontario (Central Region)Edit
Four teams are registered at the Senior AAA level for 2019-20, all are members of Allan Cup Hockey. Due to a lack of a team being registered in the Hockey Eastern Ontario and Hockey Northwestern Ontario regions, the Allan Cup Hockey playoff champions (or the furthest advancing team that is not the Dundas Real McCoys or Hamilton Steelhawks) would qualify for the 2020 Allan Cup.
Ontario Hockey FederationEdit
Hockey Eastern OntarioEdit
The greater Ottawa area has not participated in Allan Cup qualifying for many years. Traditionally, they would play the winner of the Allan Cup Hockey playoffs for the OHF championship, with the winner of that series playing the Hockey Northwestern Ontario champion for the Central Region spot in the Allan Cup.
Ontario Hockey AssociationEdit
The only registered Senior AAA teams in the OHA region were the four members of Allan Cup Hockey (Brantford Blast, Dundas Real McCoys, Hamilton Steelhawks, and Whitby Dunlops). The league champion traditionally advances to provincial playoffs first against any other qualifying teams in the Ontario Hockey Federation (which also includes Hockey Eastern Ontario) and then against the Hockey Northwestern Ontario champion in the Renwick Cup and the region's spot in the Allan Cup. Dundas and Hamilton automatically qualify for the Allan Cup as co-hosts. The furthest advancing team in the Allan Cup Hockey playoffs besides Dundas and Hamilton will likely represent the OHA in further Allan Cup qualifying.
Hockey Northwestern OntarioEdit
No teams from the Hockey Northwestern Ontario region have announced they would be participating at the Senior AAA level for 2019-20.
The Norway House Bruins, Ste. Anne Aces and South East Prairie Thunder are registered at the Senior AAA level for 2019-20. The winner of the two round provincial playoffs will advance to meet the Rosetown Redwings for the Western Regional spot in the Allan Cup. The Ste. Anne Aces would withdraw in January. The South East Prairie Thunder won the provincial championship and were scheduled to play the Rosetown Redwings in the Rathgaber Cup March 20-24, 2020 for a spot in the Allan Cup. Rosetown would withdraw from the competition on March 10, 2020 thus the South East Prairie Thunder advance to the 2020 Allan Cup as the Western Region representative.
The Rosetown Redwings were the only registered team at the Senior AAA level in the province of Saskatchewan for 2018-19. They would announce that they would be ceasing operations in the spring of 2019. In late August of 2019 they would announce that they would in fact be registered at the Senior AAA level for 2019-20. They were to compete against the Manitoba provincial champion South East Prairie Thunder in the 2020 Rathgaber Cup for a spot in the 2020 Allan Cup. Rosetown would announce that they would not be able to compete in the Rathgaber Cup due to a lack of committed players
The Lacombe Generals folded after winning the 2019 Allan Cup. The Innisfail Eagles and the Stony Plain Eagles have confirmed they will be competing for the 2020 Allan Cup as the two remaining members of Allan Cup Hockey West. Hockey Alberta maintains a June 1 deadline for registering at the Senior AAA level.
No teams have announced that they will be attempting to qualify for the 2020 Allan Cup
Allan Cup QualifiersEdit
- McKenzie Cup (Pacific Region Qualifier: Alberta-British Columbia) won't be needed due to lack of a British Columbia entry
- 2020 Rathgaber Cup (Western Region Qualifier: (Manitoba-Saskatchewan) Rosetown Redwings vs the Manitoba Champion South East Prairie Thunder. The event was cancelled when the Rosetown Redwings withdrew.
- Renwick Cup (Central Region Qualifier: (Ontario) (ACH champ (OHF representative) vs Hockey Northwestern Ontario representative) The tournament may not be needed as no teams are registered in the HNO region and then would give the 2019-20 ACH Season playoffs champions a bid to the Allan Cup Tournament.
- Quebec Allan Cup Qualifier no Quebec teams are registered, traditionally, the spot goes to host Branch-which in 2020 would be Ontario.
- Atlantic Region Allan Cup Qualifier may not be needed as Newfoundland did not participate in the qualifying for this year due to reorganization of senior hockey in the province as well as PEI and Nova Scotia won't be having any teams playing at the Senior AAA level. New Brunswick had one team declare for Senior AAA for 2019-20, the Panthères du Haut-Madawaska who qualify for the Allan Cup as the Atlantc Region's representatives.
- 2019-20 Allan Cup Hockey season (de facto Ontario Hockey Federation qualifier)
- 2020 Alberta Senior AAA Playoffs
- 2019 Herder Memorial Trophy (Newfoundland and Labrador Senior provincial championship) (defending Herder champs Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts. Due to the state of senior hockey in the province they won't be participating in Allan Cup qualifying.
- 2020 Manitoba Senior AAA Playoffs won by South East Prairie Thunder
- 2020 Saskatchewan Senior AAA Playoffs (won't be needed due to there being only one entry)
- 2020 Savage Cup (BC Senior AAA playoffs) (won't be needed due to the lack of any entries)
Senior AAA LeaguesEdit
Senior AA/Senior AEdit
Many leagues play with a mix of teams from both levels.
Newfoundland and LabradorEdit
Senior hockey in the province is in a state of transition for several seasons. A re-organization of senior hockey has been called for by many of the teams in the hopes of making so teams will be able to play. The Central/West Senior Hockey League would end up cancelling its season on November 20 when there would only be two teams in the league when the Clarenville Caribous were accepted into the East Coast Senior Hockey League for the 2019-20 season and that there would be no cross over play between the leagues this year. The Herder Memorial Trophy was also announced as not being awarded this year for the first time since the 1990-91 season.
- 2019-20 Central Newfoundland Hockey League Season (Intermediate)
- 2019-20 East Coast Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Central/West Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Newfoundland Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Newfoundland West Coast Senior Hockey League Season
- No teams or leagues
The Bouctouche JCs, Cap-Pele Pecheur, and Elsipogtog Hawks were part of establishing a replacement league for the North East Senior Hockey League when the Beausejour Senior Hockey League was formed for the 2019-20 season.
- 2019-20 Beausejour Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Circuit de Hockey Senior Roger-Lizotte Season
- 2019-20 Ligue de Hockey Senior Acadie-Chaleur season
Prince Edward IslandEdit
- No teams or leagues
Hockey Mauricie is looking to form a Senior A league with players aged 21-25. As of a posting on August 16, 2018 it appears seven communities have expressed an interest in joining this proposed league; however, no league has taken to the ice as of the 2019-20 season. The region's league became the Ligue de Hockey Senior AAA du Quebec for 2017-18.
- 2019-20 LSAHL Season
- 2019-20 Ligue de Hockey Cote-Sud season
- 2019-20 Ligue de Hockey Senior AAA du Quebec season
- 2019-20 Ligue de Hockey Senior du Richelieu season
- 2019-20 Ligue de Hockey Senior du Lac-au-Fleuve season
- 2019-20 Ligue Regionale de Hockey season
- 2019-20 QSAAHL season (known as Outaouais Senior A Hockey League for 2018-19)
The Eastern Ontario Super A Hockey League was formed for the 2019-20 season. The league will have four teams playing for the 2019-20 season.
The league champions advance to the 2020 Manitoba Cup, which is the provincial Senior A Playoffs.
- 2019-20 Carillon Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 North Central Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 South Eastern Manitoba Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Tiger Hills Hockey League Season
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association holds provincial playoffs separate of the league playoffs. There are four class champions (A (Henderson Cup), B (Yorkton Terrier Trophy), C (Jack Abbott Memorial Trophy), and D (J.W. Hamilton Trophy). Classification is based on community population). The Fort Carlton Hockey League would cease operations when one team ceased operations and the other three teams joined new leagues.
- 2019-20 Big Six Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Highway Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Long Lake Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Notekeu Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Qu'Appelle Valley Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Saskatchewan Prairie Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Sask Valley Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Sask West Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Triangle Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Twin Rivers Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Wheatland Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 White Mud Hockey League Season
note: The Sask/Alta Senior Hockey League has teams that are based in Saskatchewan but the furthest advancing Alberta based team advances to the Alberta Senior AA playoffs.
The league champions as well as a host team qualify for the 2020 Alberta Senior AA playoffs. The furthest advancing playoff Alberta based team in the North Peace Hockey League is also eligible as well. The East Central Senior Hockey League has yet to participate in any of the provincial playoffs No word if either team will participate in the 2020 event.
- 2019-20 East Central Senior Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 North Central Hockey League (Alberta) Season
- 2019-20 North Peace Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Ranchland Hockey League Season
- 2019-20 Sask/Alta Senior Hockey League Season
BC only has one league that plays completely within its borders. However, the North Peace Hockey League has teams from BC and Alberta. The NPHL champion qualifies for the Alberta Senior AA/A Provincial tournament. But the two BC based teams are eligible for the 2020 Coy Cup.
No teams, they traditionally play under the authority of BC Hockey.
- 2018-19 Canadian Senior Season
- 2017-18 Canadian Senior Season
- 2016-17 Canadian Senior Season
- 2015-16 Canadian Senior Season
- 2014-15 Canadian Senior Season
- 2013-14 Canadian Senior Season
- 2012-13 Canadian Senior Season
- 2011-12 Canadian Senior Season
- 2010-11 Canadian Senior Season
- 2009-10 Canadian Senior Season
- 2019-20 Canadian Junior Hockey Season
- 2019-20 Canadian University Season
- 2019-20 American Senior Hockey Season
- 2019-20 American Junior Hockey Season
- 2019-20 American Collegiate Season
- 2019-20 North American Professional Season
- 2019-20 North American Women's Season