This is the 2018 Dudley Hewitt Cup tournament. The event is being held May 1 to 5, 2018. The tournament will be held at the Dryden Memorial Arena in Dryden, Ontario hosted by the Dryden Ice Dogs of the Superior International Junior Hockey League. The tournament serves as the central region qualifying tournament for the 2018 Royal Bank Cup which is being held in Chilliwack, British Columbia.
The William T. Ruddock Trophy is awarded to the winner of the round robin game between the winner of the round robin game between the Ontario Junior Hockey League and Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champions. This game doubles as the championship of the Ontario Hockey Federation.
Bid[edit | edit source]
The three leagues that play at the junior A level under the Ontario Hockey Association jurisdiction rotate hosting duties between each league. The bid being awarded to the Dryden Ice Dogs was announced on February 1, 2017.
Participants[edit | edit source]
- Host/ Superior International Junior Hockey League champion: Dryden Ice Dogs
- Ontario Junior Hockey League champion: Wellington Dukes
- Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champion: Cochrane Crunch
- Superior International Junior Hockey League representative: Thunder Bay North Stars
With the host team winning the SIJHL championship, the Thunder Bay North Stars qualify as the league representative.
Round Robin Schedule/Results[edit | edit source]
- Game 1: Thunder Bay North Stars defeated Cochrane Crunch 4-0
- Game 2: Dryden Ice Dogs defeated Wellington Dukes 4-1
- Game 3: Wellington Dukes defeated Thunder Bay North Stars 4-1
- Game 4: Dryden Ice Dogs defeated Cochrane Crunch 3-0
- Game 5: Wellington Dukes defeated Cochrane Crunch 6-3
- Game 6: Thunder Bay North Stars defeated Dryden Ice Dogs 2-1
Round Robin Standings[edit | edit source]
Indicates team advanced directly to the championship game
Indicates team advanced to the semifinal game
Indicates team eliminated from further play
|Dryden Ice Dogs||3||2||0||1||0||8||3||6|
|Thunder Bay North Stars||3||2||0||1||0||7||5||6|
Semifinal[edit | edit source]
Final[edit | edit source]