This is the 2018-19 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League season. This is the league's 50th season.
The Shawinigan Cataractes host the Rimouski Oceanic on February 8th and then the Quebec Remparts on February 9th in the 2019 QMJHL Winter Classic at the Grandes Estrades du Festival Western de Saint-Tite in Saint-Tite, Quebec. This is the third edition of the Winter Classic for the QMJHL and is being held at the site of the first event in 2015.
On March 3, 2019, Alec Reid a forward with the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada died unexpectedly at the age of 18. He died of complications from epilepsy. Reid had several seizures during the month of February and had not played since February 19th.
|Val D'Or Foreurs||68||25||36||4||3||186||283||57|
Telus Maritimes DivisionEdit
|Cape Breton Screaming Eagles||68||40||22||1||5||267||214||86|
|Saint John Sea Dogs||68||13||49||2||4||169||364||32|
2019 President's Cup PlayoffsEdit
The top 16 teams qualify for the playoffs. The three division winners are seeded 1, 2, and 3 based on record. The balance of the teams are seeded 4 to 16 regardless of division. Teams are re-seeded after each round. All series are best-of-seven.
The President's Cup champion (or runner up if the Halifax Mooseheads win the playoffs) advances to the 2019 Memorial Cup being held a the Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia and hosted by the Halifax Mooseheads.
|Conference quarter-finals||Conference semi-finals||Semi-finals||President's Cup Championship|
|(Pairings are re-seeded after the first and second rounds.)|
- Rouyn-Noranda Huskies defeated Shawinigan Cataractes 4 games to 2
- Drummondville Voltigeurs defeated Gatineau Olympiques 4 games to 1
- Halifax Mooseheads defeated Quebec Remparts 4 games to 3
- Rimouski Océanic defeated Chicoutimi Saguenéens 4 games to none
- Cape Breton Screaming Eagles defeated Charlottetown Islanders 4 games to 2
- Sherbrooke Phoenix defeated Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4 games to 1
- Victoriaville Tigres defeated Val-d'Or Foreurs 4 games to 3
- Moncton Wildcats defeated Baie-Comeau Drakkar 4 games to 3
- Rouyn-Noranda Huskies defeated Victoriaville Tigres 4 games to none
- Drummondville Voltigeurs defeated Sherbrooke Phoenix 4 games to 2
- Halifax Mooseheads defeated Moncton Wildcats 4 games to none
- Rimouski Océanic defeated Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 4 games to 1
- Rouyn-Noranda Huskies defeated Rimouski Océanic 4 games to none
- Halifax Mooseheads defeated Drummondville Voltigeurs 4 games to 2
Both the Halifax Mooseheads and the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies advance to the 2019 Memorial Cup as Halifax is hosting and Rouyn-Noranda representing the league. Noah Dobson was awarded the Guy Lafleur Trophy as QMJHL Playoff MVP.
|Quebec Major Junior Hockey League|
|Maritimes Division||Acadie-Bathurst Titan • Cape Breton Screaming Eagles • Charlottetown Islanders • Halifax Mooseheads • Moncton Wildcats • Saint John Sea Dogs|
|East Division||Baie-Comeau Drakkar • Chicoutimi Saguenéens • Quebec Remparts • Rimouski Océanic|
|Central Division||Drummondville Voltigeurs • Shawinigan Cataractes • • Sherbrooke Phoenix • Victoriaville Tigres|
|West Division||Blainville-Boisbriand Armada • Gatineau Olympiques • Rouyn-Noranda Huskies • Val-d'Or Foreurs|
|CHL: Memorial Cup · President's Cup · History · Seasons · Quebec Junior Hockey League · Trophies · Awards · OHL · WHL|