This is the 2018-19 Ontario Junior Hockey League season. This is the league's 9th season as a re-established league after the league members played in 2 separate leagues for the 2009-10 season. The league slightly re-aligned the conferences with the North-East and South-West Conferences becoming the North-West Conference and the South-East Conference. The Lindsay Muskies were moved from the North Division to the East Division and the Oakville Blades shifting from the South Division to the West Division.
- The Orangeville Flyers would announce that they were relocating to Brampton and would be renamed the Brampton Admirals for the 2018-19 season.
- March 2019, the OJHL announced the addition of the Collingwood Colts for the 2019-20 season. Also for the 2019-20 season it was announced that the Newmarket Hurricanes had been sold and would be re-located to Milton and be rebranded the Milton Menace.
Milton Icehawks RelocationEdit
- On June 18, 2018 the ownership of the Milton Icehawks, who also owns the Junior B level Brantford 99ers announced that the team will be relocated to Brantford and assume the 99ers name. No decision has been made as for the future of the Junior B team, as of now the team is tentatively planning on staying put pending a meeting with Ontario Hockey Federation officials.
- In mid-September the Ontario Hockey Association stated that it did not approve the relocation. The OHA’s position is that it has the authority to approve a relocation,and that it did not approve this relocation. The OJHL and the Junior A teams’ position is that the OHA approved the relocation, but if it did not approve the relocation then the OHA’s approval of such a relocation is not required. Pending the outcome of the legal proceedings, the team will be known as the “Milton Icehawks”.
|Buffalo Jr. Sabres||54||27||17||2||8||189||181||64|
|North York Rangers||54||40||9||1||4||214||102||85|
|St. Michael's Buzzers||54||30||22||0||2||197||179||62|
|Toronto Jr. Canadiens||54||27||23||1||3||166||180||58|
|Trenton Golden Hawks||54||33||14||4||3||189||120||73|
Buckland Cup PlayoffsEdit
The top eight teams in each conference qualify for the playoffs with the division winners are seeded 1-2 and the first place team plays the eighth place team 2 vs7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5. in the conference quarterfinals. All series are best-of-seven.
The Buckland Cup champions will advance to the 2019 Dudley Hewitt Cup being held in Cochrane, Ontario. The winnner of that tournament will advance to the 2019 National Junior A Championship being held in Brooks, Alberta.
- Oakville Blades defeated Brampton Admirals 4 games to 1
- St. Michael's Buzzers defeated Toronto Patriots 4 games to 3
- Markham Royals defeated Georgetown Raiders 4 games to 2
- Newmarket Hurricanes defeated Aurora Tigers 4 games to 1
- North York Rangers defeated Toronto Jr. Canadiens 4 games to none
- Wellington Dukes defeated Cobourg Cougars 4 games to 1
- Whitby Fury defeated Trenton Golden Hawks 4 games to 2
- Buffalo Jr. Sabres defeated Burlington Cougars 4 games to 3
- Oakville Blades defeated St. Michael's Buzzers 4 games to 1
- Markham Royals defeated Newmarket Hurricanes 4 games to 3
- North York Rangers defeated Buffalo Jr. Sabres 4 games to 1
- Wellington Dukes defeated Whitby Fury 4 games to 3