It is the league's turn in the rotation to host the Dudley Hewitt Cup. The Cochrane Crunch were announced as the host team on March 1, 2018. The event being held at the Tim Horton Events Center in Cochrane.
- The league has adopted the NHL overtime format with five minutes of three on three sudden death overtime followed by a three round shoot out with extra rounds as needed to break the tie.
- The league will be adding two high definition cameras in each arena to provide teams with better video analysis for the team and increase supervision of the officials and player safety.
- The league will expand its Concussion Management Program and will continue to work with the Canadian Mental Health Association to help anyone involved with the league access to help in dealing with mental health issues.
|Kirkland Lake Gold Miners||56||33||17||3||3||194||156||72|
|French River Rapids||56||14||39||2||1||155||244||31|
|Blind River Beavers||56||25||24||5||2||201||185||67|
|Elliot Lake Wildcats||56||21||32||1||2||152||224||45|
Copeland Cup-McNamara Trophy PlayoffsEdit
The top five teams in each division qualify for the playoffs. The fourth place team plays the fifth place team in a best of three series. The series winner becomes the fourth seed and plays the first place team in the division semifinals and the second place team plays the third place team in best of seven series. The semifinal winners meet in the best of seven division championship series. The division champions meet in the best of seven Copeland Cup-McNamara Trophy final.
The playoff champion (or the runners-up if the Cochrane Crunch win the Copeland Cup-NcNamara Trophy Playoffs) will advance to the 2019 Dudley Hewitt Cup being held at the Tim Horton Events Centre in Cochrane, Ontario, hosted by the Cochrane Crunch of the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League. The winner of that tournament will advance to the 2020 National Junior A Championship being held at the Centennial Regional Arena in Brooks, Alberta hosted by the Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
East Preliminary RoundEdit
West Preliminary RoundEdit
- Hearst Lumberjacks defeated Timmins Rock 4 games to 3
- Powassan Voodoos defeated Kirkland Lake Gold Miners 4 games to 2
- Soo Thunderbirds defeated Blind River Beavers 4 games to 2
- Rayside-Balfour Canadians defeated Soo Eagles 4 games to 2
Copeland Cup-McNamara Trophy FinalEdit
|Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League|
|Eastern Division||Cochrane Crunch · French River Rapids · Hearst Lumberjacks · Kirkland Lake Gold Miners · Powassan Voodoos · Timmins Rock|
|Western Division||Blind River Beavers · Elliot Lake Wildcats (on leave for 2020-21) · Espanola Express · Rayside-Balfour Canadians · Soo Eagles · Soo Thunderbirds|
|Former Teams||Abitibi Eskimos · Capreol Hawks · Elliot Lake Vikings · Espanola Eagles · Espanola Rivermen · Iroquois Falls Abitibi Eskimos · Iroquois Falls Eskis · Nickel Centre Native Sons · North Bay Trappers · Onaping Falls Huskies · Parry Sound Shamrocks · Rayside-Balfour Sabrecats · Rouyn-Noranda Capitales · Sudbury Cubs · Temiscaming Royals · Thessalon Flyers|
|History||IJBHL · NOJHA|
|NOHA Junior A|
|CJHL: Copeland-McNamara Trophy · Dudley Hewitt Cup · National Junior A Championship|
|Junior ice hockey leagues in North America|
|Related articles: Hockey Canada • USA Hockey • Amateur Athletic Union|