This is the 2018-19 Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey season. This is the league's 23rd season overall dating back to its' founding in 1996 as the semi-professional Quebec Semi Professional Hockey League. This is the league's 14th season under this name.
Racist Incident at Game[edit | edit source]
A February 23rd game was marred by an incident where a crowd in St Jerome had become threatening to Jonathan Diaby, a player with the Jonquière Marquis, and his family. Racial slurs and anti-immigrant comments were made to Diaby's father, sister, and girlfriend. Diaby was a third round draft choice of the Nashville Predators in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Trois-Rivières Draveurs (LNAH) folded
- a team from Berlin, New Hampshire is being added to the league for the 2018-19 season. The owner of the team had reportedly dropped out of the Federal Hockey League after the 2016-17 season citing travel expenses. The Berlin BlackJacks was chosen name for the team. The team was plagued with attendance issues and was taken over by the league in early December. The league was able to find a new operator. The team was relocated to Saint-Jerome and was renamed Les Petroliers du Nord.
Teams[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
|Thetford Mines Assurancia||36||22||10||4||0||140||109||48|
|Saint-Georges Cool FM 103.5||36||15||18||1||2||125||138||33|
|Les Pétroliers du Nord||36||12||23||0||1||114||147||25|
Playoffs[edit | edit source]
All six teams qualify for the playoffs. The two highest seeded quarterfinal losers advances to a repechage (2nd chance round) which is best-of-three. The winner of that series advances to the semifinals. All other rounds are best-of-seven.
Quarterfinals[edit | edit source]
- Thetford Mines Assurancia defeated Les Pétroliers du Nord 4 games to none
- Saint-Georges Cool FM 103.5 defeated Rivière-du-Loup 3L 4 games to none
- Sorel-Tracy Éperviers defeated Jonquière Marquis 4 games to 1
Repechage[edit | edit source]
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Sorel-Tracy Éperviers defeated Saint-Georges Cool FM 103.5 4 games to 1
- Jonquière Marquis defeated Thetford Mines Assurancia 4 games to 3
Final[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]