This is the 2017 Dudley Hewitt Cup tournament. The event is being held May 2 to 6, 2017. The tournament will be held at the Duncan McDonald Memorial Community Gardens in Trenton, Ontario hosted by the Trenton Golden Hawks of the Ontario Junior Hockey League. The tournament serves as the central region qualifying tournament for the 2017 Royal Bank Cup which is being held in Cobourg, Ontario. If the Cobourg Cougars win this tournament the runners-up will also qualify for the Royal Bank Cup as the Central representative.
The William T. Ruddock Trophy is awarded to the winner of the round robin game between the winner of the round robin game between the Ontario Junior Hockey League and Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champions. This game doubles as the championship of the Ontario Hockey Federation.
The three leagues that play at the junior A level under the Ontario Hockey Association jurisdiction rotate hosting duties between each league. The awarding of the bid was announced on January 31, 2016.
- Host: Trenton Golden Hawks
- Ontario Junior Hockey League champion: Georgetown Raiders
- Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champion: Powassan Voodoos
- Superior International Junior Hockey League champion: Dryden Ice Dogs
- Dryden Ice Dogs defeated Georgetown Raiders 5-4 (ot)
- Trenton Golden Hawks defeated Powassan Voodoos 5-1
- Powassan Voodoos defeated Dryden Ice Dogs 4-3
- Georgetown Raiders defeated Trenton Golden Hawks 1-0 (so)
- Georgetown Raiders defeated Powassan Voodoos 5-2
- Trenton Golden Hawks defeated Dryden Ice Dogs 10-4
Round Robin StandingsEdit
x = Clinched championship round berth; y = Clinched first overall
Tie Breaker: Head-to-Head, then 3-way +/-.