This is the 2017-18 United Collegiate Hockey Conference season. This is the conference's first season.
The Middle Atlantic Conferences announced on October 13, 2016 that they would start to sponsor men's and women's ice hockey also starting with the 2017-18 season. The following teams were announced as being members King's College Monarchs, Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen, Manhattanville Valiants, Stevenson Mustangs, and the Wilkes University Colonels which would appear to eliminate five programs from the conference. However, the MAC is using the same format that the Ivy League uses to determine its' champion as they use the ECAC conference games to determine their champion.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Chatham Cougars, Elmira Soaring Eagles, Manhattanville Valiants, Neumann Knights, Utica Pioneers, William Smith Herons all join from the now defunct ECAC West
- The Stevenson Mustangs joined the conference from the Colonial Hockey Conference
- The Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen joined the conference after playing the 2016-17 season (their first season) as a Division III Independent
- The King's College Monarchs and Wilkes University Colonels join the conference as new programs
- On April 13, 2017 Nazareth University announced the addition of women's ice hockey for the 2018-19 season.
- On August 3, 2017 it was announced that the Wilkes University Colonels will delay the start of their program until the 2018-19 season due to a lower than anticipated roster size.
Membership[edit | edit source]
Future Members[edit | edit source]
|Nazareth Golden Flyers (2018-19)||Pittsford, New York||Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex|
|Wilkes University Colonels (2018-19)||Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania||Toyota SportsPlex|
Standings[edit | edit source]
|United Collegiate Hockey Conference||Overall Record|
|Elmira Soaring Eagles||16||15||0||1||99||12||31||30||25||3||2||146||31|
|William Smith Herons||16||11||2||3||82||20||25||26||16||6||4||105||39|
|Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen||16||1||14||1||9||97||3||23||2||19||2||18||136|
|King's College Monarchs||16||0||15||1||7||115||1||23||0||22||1||16||151|
Conference Tourament[edit | edit source]
Format[edit | edit source]
The top six teams qualify for the single elimination conference tournament with the three seed meeting the six seed and the four seed meeting the fourth seed in the quarterfinals. The one seed plays the lower seeded quarterfinal winner and the two seed plays the higher seeded quarterfinal winner in the semifinals held at the Murray Athletic Center Arena hosted by the Elmira Soaring Eagles on March 3rd. The semifinal winners meet on March 4th for the conference championship.
Quarterfinals[edit | edit source]
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Elmira Soaring Eagles defeated Utica Pioneers 7-1
- Stevenson Mustangs defeated William Smith Herons 3-2 (ot)