This is the 2017-18 New England Small College Athletic Conference Women's hockey season.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- None, but Amherst College had announced that it was abandoning its nickname the "Lord Jeffs". The nickname had become a source of division within the campus community as Lord Jefferson Amherst was a British general who openly supported giving the Native American poplulation blankets infested with smallpox during the French and Indian War. The school's teams were playing without a nickname for the 2016-17 season. The new nickname was announced April 3, 2017 and it is the Amherst Mammoths.
Membership[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
|New England Small College Athletic Conference||Overall Record|
|Connecticut College Camels||16||9||3||4||35||23||22||26||15||6||5||57||38|
|Bowdoin Polar Bears||16||6||7||3||32||35||15||25||13||9||3||59||47|
Note: Amherst won season series 1-0-1 against Hamilton and Colby won season series 1-0-1 to win tie-breakers for seeding
Conference Tournament[edit | edit source]
Format[edit | edit source]
The top 8 teams qualify for the single elimination conference tournament. Quarterfinal round are held at the rink of the higher seeded team. The semifinal and final rounds are held at the Chip Kenyon '85 Arena on the campus of Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont. The conference tournament winner will earn the conference's automatic bid to the 2018 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
Quarterfinals[edit | edit source]
- Middlebury Panthers defeated Wesleyan Cardinals 5-0
- Connecticut College Camels defeated Colby Mules 3-1
- Amherst Mammoths defeated Williams Ephs 5-2
- Bowdoin Polar Bears defeated Hamilton Continentals 3-1
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Middlebury Panthers defeated Bowdoin Polar Bears 2-1
- Amherst Mammoths defeated Connecticut College Camels 3-1