- none, but Amherst College had announced that it was abandoning its unofficial nickname the "Lord Jeffs". The nickname had become a source of division within the campus community as Lord Jefferson Amherst was a British general who openly supported giving the Native American poplulation blankets infested with smallpox during the French and Indian War. The school had played without a nickname for the 2016-17 academic year. The school's teams were announced as being renamed on April 3, 2017 to the Amherst Mammoths.
|New England Small College Athletic Conference||Overall Record|
|Connecticut College Camels||18||9||5||4||52||42||22||25||10||11||4||61||70|
|Bowdoin Polar Bears||18||5||13||0||40||65||10||24||8||16||0||52||77|
Note: Amherst finished ahead of Hamilton by winning season series 1-0-1; Wesleyan finished ahead of Colby by winnning season series 1-0-1
The tournament is single elimination format. The top 8 teams qualify for the tournament. The quarterfinal round matches up 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5. The teams are re-seeded for the semifinals with the top seed playing the bottom seed and the other two teams pairing off. The semifinal winners meet for the conference championship and the conference's automatic bid to the 2018 NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- Trinity Bantams defeated Tufts Jumbos 2-0
- Williams Ephs defeated Connecticut College Camels 4-2
- Colby Mules defeated Amherst Mammoths 5-1
- Wesleyan Cardinals defeated Hamilton Continentals 2-1