This is the 2017-18 New England Hockey Conference Women's hockey season.
- The conference has decided to go to a Divison III only format for the 2017-18 season and has not renewed the contract of the St. Anselm Hawks to play in the conference.
- On July 5, 2016 the Nichols Bison announced they were joining the Colonial Hockey Conference for the 2017-18 season
- In late October 2016 the Holy Cross Crusaders announced that they were elevating the women's program to Division I status for 2017-18 and joining Hockey East for 2018-19. This move was in motion prior to the NEHC's D-III only plans as the men's program was rumored to be eventually replacing Notre Dame in Hockey East which is leaving the conference for the Big Ten Conference for 2017-18 season.
- Franklin Pierce Ravens and Saint Michael's College Purple Knights are also affected by the decision. Both schools would join the Division II Northeast-10 as full Division II members
- In October it was announced that the Manhattanville Valiants would be joining the United Collegiate Hockey Conference for 2017-18.
- On January 25, 2017, the conference announced that the Johnson and Wales Wildcats, Suffolk Rams, and Salem State Vikings would be joining the conference for the 2018-19 season. The men's teams from Johnson and Wales as well as Suffolk would be joining the conference as well
|Johnson and Wales Wildcats||Providence, Rhode Island||Dennis M. Lynch Arena|
|Salem State Vikings||Salem, Massachusetts||Rockett Arena|
|Suffolk Rams||Boston, Massachusetts||Steriti Memorial Rink and Emmons Horrigan O'Neil Rink|
|New England Hockey Conference||Overall Record|
|Plymouth State Panthers||14||7||5||2||25||22||16||27||9||14||4||46||72|
|University of New England Nor'Easters||14||4||4||5||27||33||13||26||9||10||7||45||51|
|Southern Maine Huskies||14||4||9||1||25||50||9||26||8||17||1||35||83|
|Salve Regina Seahawks||14||3||11||0||22||43||6||26||4||21||1||38||88|
|New England College Pilgrims||14||1||12||1||20||63||3||26||2||22||2||36||116|
All 8 teams qualify for the single elimination conference tournament. All rounds are held at the rink of the higher seeded team. The conference tournament winner will earn the conference's automatic bid to the 2018 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- Norwich Cadets defeated New England College Pilgrims 10-0
- Mass-Boston Beacons defeated Salve Regina Seahawks 5-2
- Castleton Spartans defeated Southern Maine Huskies 5-2
- Plymouth State Panthers defeated University of New England Nor'Easters 3-2 (ot)
- Mass-Boston Beacons defeated Castleton Spartans 2-1
- Norwich Cadets defeated Plymouth State Panthers 4-1