This is the 2017-18 National Capital Junior Hockey League season. This is the league's 8th season under this name and 48th season overall dating back to its' founding as the Eastern Ontario Junior C Hockey League.
- In March, 2017 the league announced that the Embrun Panthers would be joining the Central Canada Hockey League Tier 2 for the 2017-18 season. At the same time the league announced the addition of former CCHL2 members the Metcalfe Jets and the South Grenville Rangers who were replacing the Prescott Flyers in Prescott who had been sold and relocated.
- In April, 2017, the league announced the addition of the Blackburn Inferno who are based out of the Blackburn Arena in the Blackburn Hamlet within the city of Ottawa. Pierre Thibaudeau will be owner and head coach of the team.
- At the same time the league also announced the addition of the expansion Bytown Royals who will be based out of the Bernard-Grandmaître Arena in the Vanier neighborhood of Ottawa.
- On July 10th it was announced that the Papineauville Vikings would be relocating to the St-Andre-Avellin Arena in St-Andre-Avellin, Quebec and would be renamed to the Papineau Vikings.
- On July 18th it was announced that the Rockland Nationals were relocating to the Clarence Creek Arena in Clarence Creek, Ontario and would be renamed the Clarence Castors replacing the former Central Canada Hockey League Tier 2 team the Clarence Beavers
|North Dundas Rockets||33||22||10||1||186||122||45|
|Gatineau Hull Volant||33||22||11||0||146||110||44|
|St. Isidore Eagles||33||20||12||1||167||139||41|
|Vankleek Hill Cougars||33||16||16||1||146||138||33|
|South Grenville Rangers||33||9||22||2||96||140||20|
The top ten teams qualify for the playoffs. The preliminary round will have mini-series between the 7th and 10th as well as the 8th and 9th place teams. The mini-series are first to three point series with the winners advancing to the playoffs to be the 7th and 8th seeds. The remainder of the series are best-of-seven series. The Papineau Vikings and the Gatineau Hull Volant advanced to the 2018 Coupe Dodge.
- South Grenville Rangers defeated Metcalfe Jets 4 points to none
- Vankleek Hill Cougars defeated Morrisburg Lions 3 points to 1
- Papineau Vikings defeated Vankleek Hill Cougars 4 games to none
- North Dundas Rockets defeated South Grenville Rangers 4 games to 1
- Clarence Beavers defeated Gatineau Hull Volant 4 games to 2
- St. Isidore Eagles defeated Cumberland Bandits 4 games to 3
- Papineau Vikings defeated Clarence Beavers 4 games to 2
- North Dundas Rockets defeated St. Isidore Eagles 4 games to 2