This is the 2017-18 Highway Hockey League season. This is the league's 53rd season.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Southey Marlins return after being on leave since the 2015-16 season.
- The Wynyard Monarchs informed the league that they were leaving the league to join the Long Lake Senior Hockey League for the 2017-18 season.
- Around October 20, 2017 the Avonlea Arrows confirm they were sitting out the 2017-18 season.
Membership[edit | edit source]
On Leave[edit | edit source]
|Avonlea Arrows||Avonlea||Avonlea Arena|
Standings[edit | edit source]
note: league standings and schedule appear to be missing 1 game between Bethune and Southey. The league schedule should have been 54 games with only 53 games listed.
Robert Schultz Cup Playoffs[edit | edit source]
Format[edit | edit source]
All six teams qualify. The regular season champion and second place get a first round bye. The first round has the 3rd seed playing the 6th seed and the 4th seed playing the 5th seed in a best-of-three quarterfinal round. The regular season champion meets the lowest seeded quarterfinal winner and second seed and the other quarterfinal winner meet in a best-of-five semifinal series. The semifinal winners meet in a best-of-five series for the league championship.
Quarterfinals[edit | edit source]
- Strasbourg Maroons defeated Cupar Canucks 2 games to 1
- Raymore Rockets defeated Southey Marlins 2 games to none
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Bethune Bulldogs defeated Strasbourg Maroons 3 games to none
- Raymore Rockets defeated Lumsden Monarchs 3 games to 2
Final[edit | edit source]
- Bethune Bulldogs defeated Raymore Rockets 3 games to none