This is the 2017-18 Alberta Junior Hockey League season. This is the league's 54th season dating back to its founding in 1964.
|Spruce Grove Saints||60||47||10||3||262||138||97|
|Fort McMurray Oil Barons||60||42||13||5||231||165||89|
|Grande Prairie Storm||60||28||29||3||212||225||59|
|Sherwood Park Crusaders||60||27||31||2||209||241||56|
|Drayton Valley Thunder||60||17||40||3||178||298||37|
Note: The Sherwood Park Crusaders were credited with a default win on October 3, 2017 versus the Bonnyville Pontiacs (originally a 7-2 Bonnyville win). The Canmore Eagles were credited with a default win on December 5, 2017 versus the Okotoks Oilers (originally a 6-2 Okotoks win).
The league announced on September 13, 2017 that the new title sponsor of the League championship will be Inter Pipeline Ltd. and that the playoffs will be renamed the Inter Pipeline AJHL Playoffs and the championship trophy would be renamed the Inter Pipeline Cup.
The top seven teams in each division qualify for the playoffs with the top team in each division receiving a first round bye. The 2nd place team play the 7th place team, the 3rd place play 6th, and 4th place play the 5th place team in best of five series. In the second round the first place team play the lowest seeded first round winner and the other two first round winners play each other in best of seven series. The division semifinal winners meet in the best of seven division final. The Viterra AJHL South Division and Viterra AJHL North Division playoff champions meet in the best of seven AJHL Inter Pipeline Cup Final.
The playoff winning team will advance to an inter-provincial best-of-seven playoff with the British Columbia Hockey League for the Pacific region spot in the 2018 Royal Bank Cup; which is being held in Chilliwack, British Columbia; as the Western Canada Cup format has been abandoned by the four leagues that participated in that tournament. This is the same format that had been used from 1962 to 2012. The series is scheduled to begin in the BCHL team's rink on April 27th and 28th, 2018.
North Division QuarterfinalsEdit
- Fort McMurray Oil Barons defeated Bonnyville Pontiacs 3 games to none
- Whitecourt Wolverines defeated Lloydminster Bobcats 3 games to none
- Grande Prairie Storm defeated Sherwood Park Crusaders 3 games to 2
South Division QuarterfinalsEdit
- Brooks Bandits defeated Canmore Eagles 3 games to none
- Drumheller Dragons defeated Calgary Canucks 3 games to 1
- Camrose Kodiaks defeated Calgary Mustangs 3 games to none
North Division SemifinalsEdit
- Spruce Grove Saints defeated Grande Prairie Storm 4 games to none
- Whitecourt Wolverines defeated Fort McMurray Oil Barons 4 games to 3
South Division SemifinalsEdit
- Okotoks Oilers defeated Camrose Kodiaks 4 games to none
- Brooks Bandits defeated Drumheller Dragons 4 games to 2