This is the 2015 NCAA Division I Women's Ice Hockey Championship. Six teams that qualified were also in the 2014 tournament and two teams (Quinnipiac University and Rochester Institute of Technology) were making their first appearences.
Eight teams qualify for the single elimination tournament. The top four teams were seeded by the tournament committee. The quarterfinal round game held at the home rink of the higher seeded team. The semifinal and final rounds are held at the Ridder Arena in Minneapolis, Minnesota hosted by the University of Minnesota.
2015 marked the first time that all four conference tournament champions earned automatic berths in the tournament.
- College Hockey America tournament champion: Rochester Institute of Technology Tigers
- ECAC tournament champion: Harvard Crimson
- Hockey East tournament champion: Boston University Terriers
- WCHA tournament champion: Wisconsin Badgers
- Minnesota defeated RIT 6-2
- Boston College defeated Clarkson 5-1
- Harvard defeated Quinnipiac 5-0
- Wisconsin defeated Boston University 5-1
- Minnesota defeated #4 Wisconsin 3-1
- Harvard defeated Boston College 2-1
National Championship Game
- Minnesota defeated Harvard 4-1
Minnesota wins their 5th national title and 3rd in the last four seasons.