This is the 2015-16 Saskatchewan Prairie Senior Hockey League season. This is the league's 6th season.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- The league added the Edam Three Stars to the league from the defunct North Saskatchewan River Hockey League.
- The Perdue Pirates have taken a leave of absence for the 2015-16 season due to a fire which destroyed the town's arena
Member Teams[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
|Edam Three Stars||18||13||3||-||2||-||110||66||-||28|
|Battleford Beaver Blues||18||11||6||-||1||-||93||81||-||23|
|Cut Knife Colts||18||5||12||-||1||-||64||97||-||11|
|Glaslyn North Stars||18||2||16||-||0||-||46||172||-||4|
note: Meota finished ahead of Edam based on second tie breaker head to head 1-0-1 to 1-1-0 and Cut Knife finished ahead of Spiritwood based on the second tie breaker as well 2-0-0 to 0-2-0. The first tie breaker was league wins.
Playoffs[edit | edit source]
Format[edit | edit source]
The top 8 teams qualify for the playoffs. The quarterfinal round is best-of-five, with 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5.
Quarterfinals[edit | edit source]
- Hafford Hawks defeated Cut Knife Colts 3 games to 1 (9-1, 4-7, 9-3, 4-0)
- Meota Combines defeated Radisson Wheat Kings 3 games to 1 (7-3, 3-1, 2-5, 4-2)
- Edam Three Stars defeated Maymont Settlers 3 games to none (6-1, 2-1, 11-3)
- Shellbrook Silvertips defeated Battleford Beaver Blues 3 games to none (4-1, 6-2, 6-5 (ot))
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Shellbrook Silvertips defeated Hafford Hawks 3 games to 2 (4-1, 4-7, 3-10, 5-3, 2-1)
- Edam Three Stars defeated Meota Combines 3 games to 1 (4-5, 7-2, 4-1, 5-4)
Final[edit | edit source]
- Shellbrook Silvertips defeated Edam Three Stars 3 games to none (6-3, 3-2, 5-4 (2ot))