This is the 2015-16 Sask/Alta Senior Hockey League season. This is the league's 62nd season.
Membership Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Two Hills Longhorns withdrew
- The league added the Maidstone Jets and the Paradise Hill Hawks
Teams[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
|Elk Point Elks||22||12||9||-||0||1||123||75||533||25|
|Paradise Hill Hawks||22||4||17||-||1||0||50||145||602||9|
|Paradise Valley Jets||22||0||22||-||0||0||56||233||458||0|
note: Marwayne finished ahead of Hillmond and Lashburn finished ahead of Dewberry based on the league's first tie-breaker: total league wins.
Playoffs[edit | edit source]
Format[edit | edit source]
The top eight teams qualify for the playoffs. The first seed plays number 8, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6, and 4 plays 5 in a best-of-five quarterfinal series. The top and bottom remaining seed and the middle two remaining seeds are matched up in the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet for the league championship.
Quarterfinals[edit | edit source]
- Wainwright Rustlers defeated Neilburg Monarch 3 games to none (10-2, 12-2, 13-4)
- Marwayne Comets defeated Kitscoty Monarchs 3 games to none (14-6, 12-6, 6-2)
- Hillmond Hitmen defeated Elk Point Elks 3 games to 2 (1-4, 4-5, 5-2, 5-2, 4-1)
- Dewberry Mustangs defeated Lashburn Flyers 3 games to 1 (1-6, 3-2, 6-1, 9-8 (ot))
Semifinals[edit | edit source]
- Wainwright Rustlers defeated Dewberry Mustangs 4 games to 3 (7-6 (ot), 5-4, 2-9, 4-5, 6-3, 2-6, 6-5)
- Marwayne Comets defeated Hillmond Hitmen 4 games to none (3-1, 4-3, 4-3 (ot), 7-6 (ot))
Final[edit | edit source]
- Wainwright Rustlers defeated Marwayne Comets 4 games to none (8-3, 6-3, 7-5, 8-5)
The Wainwright Rustlers advance to the 2016 Alberta Senior AA/A playoffs