Format and nominationsEdit
The two teams that faced each other were Team Yashin (or Team Russia), named after its leader, Alexei Yashin, who led the best Russian players of the league, and Team Jágr (or Team World), named after Jaromír Jágr, who led the best non-Russian players of the league. Both Yashin and Jágr were chosen because they were both highly popular and both automatically linked to ice hockey in their respective countries. They captained their respective team. It was up to them to decide of their two assistant captains.
Players were nominated by the public, media and KHL.
Skills Competition WinnersEdit
- The Fastest Skater — Denis Parshin
- Shootout Skill — Shootout Winner Marcel Hossa; Best Shootout — Jozef Stümpel
- Long Range Shot — Dmitri Kalinin
- Zigzag Team Relay — Team Yashin
- Accurate Shooting — Aleksey Morozov
- Speed Relay — Team Yashin
- Hardest shot — Karel Rachůnek
*International player's flags indicate nation of origin whereas Russian born player's flags indicate the Federal subject of origin.
Game summary and resultEdit
Final score: Team Jagr 7-6 Team Yashin
Team 1st 2nd 3rd Total Team Jagr 4 3 4 11 Team Yashin 1 5 2 8