These events occured in 2009 in the world of hockey:
January[edit | edit source]
- 5th: The Canadian National Team wins a fifth straight World Junior Championship. Team Jagr beat Team Yashin 7-6 in regular time.
- 10th: The 2009 KHL All-Star Game is played in Moscow, Russia, on a rink built outside on the Red Square purposedly for the event.
- 25th: The 57th National Hockey League All-Star Game is played in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Team East defeated Team West 12-11 in the shootouts.
February[edit | edit source]
March[edit | edit source]
April[edit | edit source]
- 12th: Ak Bars Kazan defeats Lokomotiv Yaroslavl the inaugural Kontinental Hockey League Gagarin Cup final.
- 12th: The 2009-10 NHL regular season comes to an end, with the San Jose Sharks clinching the Presidents' Trophy, Evgeni Malkin the Art Ross Trophy and Alexander Ovechkin the Rocket Richard Trophy.
- 18th: The Bentley Generals defeat the Southeast Prairie Thunder to win the 2009 Allan Cup.
May[edit | edit source]
- 10th: The Russian National Team wins a second straight World Championship by defeating Canada 2-1.
- 10th: The Vernon Vipers beat he Humboldt Broncos 2-0 to win the 2009 Royal Bank Cup.
- 24th: The Windsor Spitfires win their first Memorial Cup after beating the Kelowna Rockets 4-1.
June[edit | edit source]
- 12th: The Pittsburgh Penguins defeat the Detroit Red Wings 2-1 in order to win their third Stanley Cup.
- 26th: John Tavares is selected first overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
July[edit | edit source]
- 9th: Joe Sakic announces his retirement.
August[edit | edit source]
- 6th: Jeremy Roenick announces his retirement.
September[edit | edit source]
October[edit | edit source]
November[edit | edit source]
December[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.