|1992 Hockey East Men's Ice Hockey Tournament|
|Dates||March 6–14, 1992|
|Finals site||Boston Garden|
|Champions||Maine (2nd title)|
|Winning coach||Shawn Walsh (2nd title)|
|MVP||Scott Pellerin (Maine)|
|Hockey East Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1992 Hockey East Men's Ice Hockey Tournament was the 8th Tournament in the history of the conference. It was played between March 6 and March 14, 1992. Quarterfinal games were played at home team campus sites, while the final four games were played at the Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, the home venue of the NHL's Boston Bruins. By winning the tournament, Maine received the Hockey East's automatic bid to the 1992 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- 1 Format
- 2 Conference Standings
- 3 Bracket
- 3.1 Quarterfinals
- 3.2 Semifinals
- 3.3 Championship
- 4 Tournament awards
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The tournament featured three rounds of play with each round being a single-elimination game. In the first round, the first and eighth seeds, the second and seventh seeds, the third seed and sixth seeds, and the fourth seed and fifth seeds played with the winners advancing to the semifinals. In the semifinals, the highest and lowest seeds and second highest and second lowest seeds play with the winners advancing to the championship game. The tournament champion receives an automatic bid to the 1992 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
Note: GP = Games Played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T = Ties; PTS = Points; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against
|Championship: Boston University|
† indicates conference regular season champion
* indicates conference tournament champion
^ After the season Maine was required to retroactively forfeit 13 games for using a player deemed ineligible by the NCAA
Teams are reseeded after the quarterfinals
|4||Boston University||2||2||New Hampshire||5|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
(1) Maine vs. (8) Merrimack
|March 8||Maine||7 – 0||Merrimack||Alfond Arena|
(2) New Hampshire vs. (7) Northeastern
|March 8||New Hampshire||4 – 2||Northeastern||Snively Arena|
(3) Providence vs. (6) Massachusetts-Lowell
|March 6||Providence||7 – 0||Massachusetts-Lowell||Schneider Arena|
(4) Boston University vs. (5) Boston College
|March 7||Boston University||2 – 5||Boston College||Walter Brown Arena|
(1) Maine vs. (5) Boston College
|March 12||Maine||7 – 3||Boston College||Boston Garden|
(2) New Hampshire vs. (3) Providence
|March 12||New Hampshire||5 – 3||Providence||Boston Garden|
(1) Maine vs. (2) New Hampshire
|March 14||Maine||4 – 1||New Hampshire||Boston Garden|
- F Domenic Amodeo (New Hampshire)
- F Jim Montgomery (Maine)
- F Scott Pellerin* (Maine)
- D Rob Gaudreau (Providence)
- D Chris Imes (Maine)
- G Jeff Levy (New Hampshire)
- "Maine Men's Team History". Retrieved on 2014-05-19.
- "Shawn Walsh Year-by-Year Coaching Record". Retrieved on 2014-05-19.
- "Hockey East Awards", College Hockey Historical Archive. Retrieved on 2014-05-19.
- "Hockey East Tournament", College Hockey Historical Archive. Retrieved on 2014-05-19.
- "2013-14 Hockey East Media Guide", Hockey East. Retrieved on 2014-05-19.
|1992 NCAA Division I men's ice hockey tournaments|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 1992 Hockey East Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|