The 1974 Stanley Cup Final was contested by the Boston Bruins and the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers were making their first Final appearance, and the Bruins had last appeared in the 1972 Stanley Cup Finals, which they won. The Flyers won the best-of-seven series four games to two and became the first team from the 1967 Expansion to win the Stanley Cup.
Paths to the Final
- For more details on this topic, see 1974 Stanley Cup playoffs.
Philadelphia Flyers 4, Boston Bruins 2
In the previous 19 games against the Bruins in Boston, the Flyers had lost 17 and tied two. Boston had home advantage were heavy favorites. Boston won the first game at home, but Philadelphia would finally win at the Boston Garden in game two. Bernie Parent shut down Boston, limiting them to three goals in Games 3, 4, and 6, including a shutout in game six. Parent was named the playoff MVP.
|1||May 7||Philadelphia Flyers||2-3||Boston Bruins||0-1|
|2||May 9||Philadelphia Flyers||3-2 (OT)||Boston Bruins||1-1|
|3||May 12||Boston Bruins||1-4||Philadelphia Flyers||1-2|
|4||May 14||Boston Bruins||2-4||Philadelphia Flyers||1-3|
|5||May 16||Philadelphia Flyers||1-5||Boston Bruins||3-2|
|6||May 19||Boston Bruins||0-1||Philadelphia Flyers||2-4|
Philadelphia Flyers 1974 Stanley Cup Champions
- Chairman/Owner: Ed Snider
- President: Joe Scott
- Vice Chairman: F. Eugene Dixon, Jr.
- Vice President/General Manager: Keith Allen
- Head Coach: Fred Shero
- Assistant Coach: Mike Nykoluk
- Director of Player Development: Marcel Pelletier
- Trainer: Frank Lewis
- Assistant Trainer: Jim McKenzie
- Director of Public Relations: Joe Kodel (left off Cup)
- Director of Public Relations: John Bolgan (left off Cup)
Stanley Cup Engraving
- Al MacAdam† played five regular season games and one playoff game. Although he did receive a Stanley Cup ring, his name was not engraved on the Stanley Cup.
- Joe Kodel, John Blogan (Directors of Public Relations) were included on Philadelphia's Stanley Cup winning pictures in 1974, 1975, but their names do not appear on the Stanley Cup.
Ten minutes of highlights of the Bruins-North Stars game on February 20, 1974.
Bruins-Flyers Game 1 of the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals on May 7, 1974.
Bruins-Flyers Game 2 of the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals on May 9, 1974.
Bruins-Flyers Game 5 of the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals on May 16, 1974.
Stanley Cup Champions