This is the 1967-68 season of the Western Hockey League. It was the sixteenth season of the league.
The California Seals withdrew because they entered the National Hockey League. The Los Angeles Blades withdrew because the Los Angeles Kings entered the National Hockey League. The Victoria Maple Leafs were sold and became the Phoenix Roadrunners.
Portland Buckaroos 72-40-26-6-86 246-168 Seattle Totems 72-35-30-7-77 207-199 San Diego Gulls 72-31-36-5-67 241-236 Phoenix Roadrunners 72-28-40-4-60 215-276 Vancouver Canucks 72-26-41-5-57 213-258
Note: The league played a partial interlocking schedule with the American Hockey League.
Best of 7
- Portland Buckaroos beat San Diego Gulls 4 wins to 3 (4-0, 2-5, 2-3, 3-0, 4-1, 3-4, 3-2 OT).
- Seattle Totems beat Phoenix Roadrunners 4 wins to none (3-2 OT, 5-1, 5-2, 3-2).
Best of 7
- Goaltender: Don Head, Seattle Totems
- Defenceman: Sandy Hucul, Phoenix Roadrunners
- Defenceman: Connie Madigan, Portland Buckaroos
- Center: Art Jones, Portland
- Left Winger: Len Ronson, San Diego Gulls
- Right Winger: Chuck Holmes, Seattle Totems
- Goaltender: Jim McLeod, Portland
- Defenceman: Gordie Sinclair, San Diego
- Defenceman: Larry Hale, Seattle
- Center: Guyle Fielder, Seattle
- Left Winger: Bill Saunders, Portland
- Right Winger: Tom McVie, Phoenix