The 1959 Stanley Cup Final was contested by the defending champion Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs. Montreal was making its ninth consecutive appearance in the Final series. It was Toronto's first appearance since 1951. The Canadiens would win the series four games to one to win their fourth-straight Cup victory.
Paths to the FinalEdit
Rocket Richard, hampered by injuries, did not score at all during the playoffs. Toronto was making its first finals appearance since 1951.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens
Montreal wins best-of-seven series 4 games to 1
Montreal Canadiens 1959 Stanley Cup championsEdit
- 5 Bernie Geoffrion (A. Capt.
)8 Bill Hicke*
- Hartland Molson (President/Owner), Ken Reardon (Vice President),
- Frank Selke Sr. (Manager), Hector Toe Blake (Coach)
- Sam Pollock (Personnel Director)
- Hector Dubois (Trainer), Larry Aubut (Ass't Trainer)
- Camile DesRoches^, Frank Selke Jr.^ (Publicity Directors)
- ^- on the team picture, but missing from the Stanley Cup.
Stanley Cup Engravings Edit
- Ken Reardon name was spelt KEN READON VICE PRES missing an "R". Mistake was corrected on the replica cup created in 1992–93.
- NHL (2000). Total Stanley Cup. Dan Diamond & Associates.
- Podnieks, Andrew; Hockey Hall of Fame (2004). Lord Stanley's Cup. Triumph Books, 12, 50. ISBN 1–55168–261–3.
Stanley Cup Champions
| Succeeded by|