These events occured in 1958 in the world of hockey:
- Art Ross Memorial Trophy as the NHL's leading scorer during the regular season: Dickie Moore, Montreal Canadiens
- Hart Memorial Trophy for the NHL's Most Valuable Player: Gordie Howe, Detroit Red Wings
- Stanley Cup – Montreal Canadiens win 4-2 over the Boston Bruins
- World Hockey Championship
- Men's champion: Whitby Dunlops from Canada defeat the Soviet Union
- NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship - University of Denver Pioneers defeat University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux 6-2 in Minneapolis, MN
January 18 - Willie O'Ree makes his NHL debut with the Boston Bruins. He is the first Black Canadian to play in the National Hockey League.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.