This is the 1917-18 season of the American Amateur Hockey League:'
Player shortages because of World War I caused several teams to fold. It took two months into the possible hockey season to set up a three-team competition. This so called "Triangle Series" started on February 28.
New York Hockey Club won its first league championship.
This turned out to be the last season of the league.
|New York Hockey Club||4||3||0||1||9||5||7|
|New York St. Nicholas||6||1||3||0||9||17||2|
- February 28: Hockey Club 3 St. Nicholas 1
- March 4: Hockey Club 2 Crescent 2
- March 7: St. Nicholas 5 Crescent 2
- March 14: Hockey Club 1 Crescent 0
- March 18: Hockey Club 3 St. Nicholas 2
- March 21: Crescent 9 St. Nicholas 1